Welcome to PASS!
The Principals’ Association of Specialist Schools (PASS) is a professional association and the peak voice of leaders in Victorian special education. We represent all educational leaders of the Department of Education and Training (DET) schools for students with disabilities and are a recognised association by the DET and are supported by and contribute to DET initiatives. Our committee members hold positions on DET stakeholder and reference groups where initiatives, curriculum, and policy may impact the welfare and learning of students with disabilities. Our association currently has 185 individual members and represents all DET specialist schools across Victoria. As an association, we recognise the opportunities and challenges that are faced by educational leaders in specialist schools.
The aim of PASS is in:
"Leading Excellence and Innovation in Victorian Specialist Education"
We endeavour to do this through:
- the promotion of the role and status of specialist education leaders;
- advocating for a range of educational services for students with disabilities;
- the provision of topical and relevant professional development for specialist educators;
- the provision of study grants to support professional growth in the area of students with disabilities;
- the promotion of research and excellence in education support;
- the formal recognition of excellence by individuals and teams in specialist education;
- the provision of opportunities for members and their teams to collaborate on individual, network and state matters;
- informing the DET and other professional organisations in matters and policy that affect students with disabilities and their schools.
Our services to PASS members include:
- representation in Victorian working groups in advocating for the rights and needs of members, their schools, and their communities;
- representation on the Australian Special Education Principals’ Association (ASEPA) in informing the National agenda for students with disabilities;
- access to stakeholder representatives as a conduit to deliver the views of members;
- subsidised access to quality professional learning;
- subsidised access to the PASS Conference, PASS Workshops, Annual Awards Night and other functions;
- access to PASS members through our Executive Officer to support member issues;
- regular email correspondence on PASS and specialist education developments;
- access to grants to support the learning of students with disabilities;
- access to the Members Only section of the website;
- access to direct collegiate support in supporting the navigation of complex issues in specialist education;
- regular general meetings focussing on current topics in Victorian specialist education.
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to our organisation and deeply encourage you to become a member by contacting Jayne Muldoon here and work with us to continue to grow and develop the expertise of our leaders in special education.